Copyright © 2004-2017.
London International Model United Nations Foundation. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the permission in writing of London International Model United Nations Foundation.
(1) These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to all services offered by the London International Model United Nations conference (LIMUN), its Secretariat, and Staff jointly and severally in direct connection or association to LIMUN.
(2) In the following, the term “delegation” refers to both: individual delegates and groups of delegates.
(3) In the following, the term "participant" further includes faculty advisers and other observers of conference proceedings.
Registration and Payments
(1) LIMUN has two registration rounds:
(2) Persons can register either as individuals or as delegations of multiple participants.
(3) Registration via the website is automated and delegations should receive acknowledgement of their application within two weeks of submission. Upon acceptance of an application, the registrant will receive an automated acknowledgement and will have ten days to pay their fees.
(4) Delegations of multiple participants should make payment in one lump sum. Payment information will be e-mailed to the registrant along with notification of acceptance. Applications will be confirmed after the complete amount has been received. LIMUN will not cover bank charges of any kind.
(5) All fees have to be paid to LIMUN via PayPal after the submission of the online application within ten days. Failure to make payment within this time frame will automatically result in cancellation of the application. In extraordinary circumstances the LIMUN Secretariat may allow payment of fees by bank transfer.
(6) The conference fee is 65 Pounds Sterling (GBP) per delegate for Round One and 70 GBP per delegate for Round Two. No other currency is accepted. The fee includes lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Social tickets are not included in the conference fee and will instead be available for sale at a later date.
(7) Should a registrant's application be cancelled due to failure to make payment within ten days of acceptance, they will be able to re-register.
(8) All registrations are done on a first come, first served basis. Due to limited availability at our conference venue, we cannot guarantee that applications will be accepted throughout the advertised registration process.
(9) No delegate is entitled to a refund.
(1) Participants are expected and obliged to obey the laws of the United Kingdom while participating in LIMUN. Participants are personally responsible for all charges and damages to facilities of the conference and social events venues.
(2) LIMUN does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals or groups who participate in the conference.
(3) Each individual and group agreeing to these Terms and Conditions releases and discharges LIMUN, its secretariat, and staff jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, liabilities, costs, obligations and demands, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and expenses for, upon or by reason of loss, damage, injury, or death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any activities connected with LIMUN. This involves especially compensation, in part or in whole, for losses, damages, injuries or death incurred at or in connection with LIMUN.
(4) LIMUN will not offer any services to minors without an express release of liability signed by a parent or legal guardian. No refunds will be made to minors who fail to demonstrate a signed accident waiver by a parent or legal guardian upon registration at the conference venue.
(5) LIMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its offered services. LIMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
LIMUN reserves the right to use all data submitted by individuals via the website www.limun.org.uk, sent to LIMUN by other ways, and collected during the conference and social events including video footage and photographs without limitations. LIMUN reserves the right to collect data during the conference and social events including but not limited to personal data, video footage, and photographs without further notice.
(1) All information is provided by London International Model United Nations Foundation. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
(2) In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
(3) Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of London International Model United Nations Foundation. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
(4) Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, London International Model United Nations Foundation takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.
(5) Study Guides are accepted from their author or authors and placed on the website with the assumption that approval has been acquired for any copyrighted material included. The views expressed in the Study Guides are those of their author or authors, are not intended to be those of London International Model United Nations Foundation and should not be taken as such.
London International Model United Nations Foundation is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 1159324).
(1) Country assignments will take place some weeks after the closure of Round Two of registration. Priority in assignments will be given on the basis of past performance and early registrations. Submitting a country preference is not a guarantee of receiving this country assignment, and all decisions of the LIMUN Secretariat with regard to country assignments are final. The registration fee may not be refunded even if a delegation does not accept its country assignment.
(2) The LIMUN Secretariat reserves the right to remove spots from an already assigned country in the event that the delegation fails to fill all the assigned spots by the advertised deadline.
(3) Individual delegates are expected to be in their respective committee rooms during committee sessions. In order for delegates to leave their committee rooms for an extended period of time, their Chair must be informed ahead of time.
(4) All delegates are expected to abide by the committee dress code (business attire).
Smoking, Alcohol and Drug Policy
(1) Participants will not be permitted to smoke inside any of the conference venues.
(2) Open containers of alcohol may not be carried around in committee rooms and hallways at the conference venue.
(3) Participants found possessing or using illicit drugs, as defined by English law, during the conference or at social events will be required to leave immediately and may be held criminally liable.
Expulsion From the Conference
(1) The Secretariat reserves the right to immediately expel participants from both the conference and the conference venues due to unacceptable behaviour or violation of these Terms and Conditions. The Secretariat reserves the right to define appropriate conference behaviour and is particularly sensitive to issues involving displays of disrespect to or harassment of other delegates, or the conference staff.
(2) If a delegate is dismissed from the conference, their delegation is automatically disqualified from conference awards.
Exceptions to the Terms and Conditions
(1) The Secretary-General of the conference is the only staff member empowered to grant exceptions to these policies or other general LIMUN practices.
(2) LIMUN is not liable for any erroneous statements made by other staff members regarding exceptions to fees or policies.
LIMUN claims copyright on all of the data available on the website www.limun.org.uk, including but not limited to the LIMUN logo, format and screen design of the website, on all other data related to and released by LIMUN, and on all contents created during or for LIMUN, or those that are submitted to LIMUN. LIMUN claims copyright on all of its printed material. Some images on the website and printed material are used under license and may not be stored or reproduced without the consent of the copyright holder. All rights are reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without the permission in writing of London International Model United Nations Foundation.
Court of Jurisdiction and Validity of Terms
(1) The jurisdiction for all legal issues resulting from or related to this agreement and contractual relationships with LIMUN is England, United Kingdom.
(2) Even if any of the above terms should become ineffective, all remaining terms of this agreement remain legally binding.