For 20 years, LIMUN has helped create experiences and conferences that have engaged with thousands of students and helped inform them about the United Nations and other international organisations.
These programs have only been possible through the commitment and support of our volunteers ranging from Logistics Staff and Press, Chairs and Secretariat Members. These conferences are however led by our Secretaries-General, appointed by an electoral college of the Trustees and outgoing Secretariat members.
|2000||Michael Rogers||British||King's College|
|2001||Tamara Cavanna||British||University College|
|2002||Stephanie Stavrinides||British/Cypriot||King's College|
|2003||Kathryn Rogers||British||London School of Economics|
|2004||Irina Janakievska||Macedonian||London School of Economics|
|2005||Rui Ho||Chinese||London School of Economics|
|2006||Kirsten Gislesen||Norwegian||King's College|
|2007||Jehan Karim||Canadian||Imperial College|
|2008||Jasper Pandza||German||King's College|
|2009||Rishi Raithatha||British||School of Oriental and African Studies|
|2010||Alizeh Kohari||Pakistani||London School of Economics|
|2011||Isabella Torres-Maluf||Brazilian||Imperial College|
|2012||Anmol Arora||Indian||Imperial College|
|2013||Anniete Cohn-Lois||Dominican||Hult International Business School|
|2014||Kacper Pancewicz||Polish||Queen Mary|
|2015||Wilf Mountfield||British||Queen Mary|
|2016||Dalí ten Hove||Dutch||King's College|
|2017||Afolabi Adekaiyaoja||Nigerian||Queen Mary|
|2018||Dijana Spasenoska||Macedonian||Imperial College|
|2019||Charis Yeap||Malaysian||London School of Economics|
|2020||Zeina Dowidar||Egyptian||King's College|
- 18th session, 2017
- 17th session, 2016
- 16th session, 2015
- 15th session, 2014
- 14th session, 2013
- 13th session, 2012
- 12th session, 2011
- 11th session, 2010
- 10th session, 2009
- 9th session 2008
- 8th session, 2007
Opening Ceremony Speakers:
Danilo Türk (Slovenia). Former President of Slovenia, and Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs of the United Nations.
Mogens Lykketoft (Denmark). Former President of the General Assembly of the United Nations and Danish Parliament Member
Kate Gilmore (Australia). Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights of the United Nations.
Ahmad Alhendawi (Jordan). United Nations Secretary-General's Envoy on Youth (2013-).
- Karen Pierce (United Kingdom). Chief Operating Officer of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (2016-), Ambassador to Afghanistan (2015-2016), Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva (2012-2015), Deputy Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the United Nations (2006-2009).
- Koji Sekimizu (Japan). Secretary-General of the International Maritime Organization (2012-2015).
- Edward Mortimer (United Kingdom). Chief Speechwriter (1998-2006) and Director of Communications (2001-2006) to the United Nations Secretary-General.
- Jeremy Greenstock (United Kingom). Chairman of the United Nations Association - UK (2011-2016), Special Envoy for Iraq (2003-2004), Permanent Representative to the United Nations (1998-2003).
- Luis Moreno Ocampo (Argentina). Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (2003-2012).
- Kieran Prendergast (United Kingdom). United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs (1997-2005).
- David Hannay (United Kingdom). Member of the House of Lords Select Committee on International Relations (2016-), Chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on the United Nations (2012-), Chairman of the United Nations Association - UK (2006-2011), Member of the United Nations Secretary-General's High-Level Panel on Threats, Challenges and Change (2004), Special Envoy to Cyprus (1996-2003), Permanent Representative to the United Nations (1990-1995), Permanent Representative to the European Economic Community (1985-1990).
LIMUN High School Secretaries-General
|2016||Tahmid Chowdhury||British/Bangladeshi||University of London International|
|2018||Alfie Jenkins||British||University of Reading|
|2019||Aditya Ramani||Indian||University College London|